Friday, February 8, 2008

Graduation Day (and One Last Assigment)

I am overwhelmed by all the heartfelt well wishes, support, and happy sentiments expressed by my fellow Factorie friends. Lest I get overly maudlin here, I will try to keep this short and sweet: Thank you all for your warmth, kindness, humor, and understanding throughout my tenure at Ye Olde Textbooke Factorie. Your friendships have enriched my life in immeasurable ways, and though I know these bonds will continue, I shall miss those daily office interactions! You are such a fun, talented, awesome, and genuinely good group of people. I feel blessed to have met and known you. =)

It is worth a mention (because I know some of you are curious) that during this last week, Madame and the Principal said nary a word to me about my impending graduation. Perhaps it is fitting that I leave in the same invisible manner that I existed in their world. The school counselor, however, did invite me into her office to have a little chat at the end of the day. I will admit that I'd been having an existential debate about what, if anything, I should say. Some statements, gently and diplomatically couched, did emerge from my lips during our conversation. I'm not sure what good or harm those words might do, but I can't call them back now. Ah well!

Before I sign off as a Factorie member and fully embrace my sabbatical, I offer you my final chapter in the Billy Goat Chronicles: Azazel's Adventures, Part III. Only's Only & KPGirl, I leave you to continue the photo-biography of this remarkable goat's life!

Azazel founds, chairs, and implements the Welcome Baaack Committee just in time to greet KPGirl on her return from a well-deserved vacation.

Foraging through the office labyrinth yields some tasty greens.

On one of his expeditions, Azazel ventures into the Office of Darkness and is maliciously attacked by a chupacabra.

During his convalescence, the billy goat picks up some new talents. Watch for Azazel on the World Poker Tour.

No comments: