Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sniff, Sniff

It figures that a few days after my last entry, the announcement came that ABC is canceling Pushing Daisies. The show will air through episode 13; that means there are only 4 episodes left! Of course, episode 13 will be a cliffhanger, so there will be no closure. I hate unresolved, or at least unintended, cliffhangers! The only glimmer of hope is that Executive Producer Brian Fuller is exploring avenues for bringing some kind of conclusion to PD fans: "We are talking to DC Comics about doing comic books that will wrap up our story lines, and I already have a pitch for a [big-screen] movie ready to go." I guess all we can do is keep our fingers crossed that Fuller's efforts come to fruition. That, and savor the few remaining episodes. How sad that such an imaginative and visually stunning show is getting the ax. Granted, this season hasn't quite captured my attention in the same way the premier season did, but Pushing Daisies is still the most refreshing show on television. The fantasy it wraps us in is such a lovely antidote to the slew of self-multiplying reality shows dominating the airwaves. Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course it is now January 19 and ABC still owes us the last 3 episodes. Though they are not on the schedule anywhere, I found an article from TVGuide that says ABC is contractually obligated to show those 3 at some point time. Cliffhanger or no, I'll take what little crumbs I can get. I just can't believe some other network wouldn't pick this gem up and revive it . . .

Aire said...

I know what you mean! I read somewhere that ABC plans to air those last episodes in the summer...